Friday, February 27, 2009

Cry: Godley and Creme - It was the Cremiest and Godliest

Cry Godley and Creme
Artist: Godley & Creme
Song: Cry (remix Version)
Produced by: Tervor Gorn and Godley & Creme
Remixed by: Nigel Gray
From the Polydor Album The History of Misc Volume 1
B Side: Love Bombs
Label: PolyGram Records (Polydor)
Year: 1985
Duration: 3:55 Minutes

I was the only guy I knew in tenth grade who loved this song, let alone had even heard of it. I remember seeing this video on MTV, either at the beach or at one of my friends houses, and was haunted by the melody. It was just so sad, and it struck a chord with me. The video was sad as well: face after face, morphing into one another (pre-computer morphing), all just simply singing the lyrics of the song. I ran out and got the single, but I’m not sure where I could have found it, maybe at the record store in Dover Mall. I specifically rememeber watching the video at the beach one summer. Only a couple of my friends who lived in town had cable back then.


Cry Godley and Creme - BackiTunes didn’t have this song listed a couple of years ago, but it might now. I added Godley and Creme to my Yahoo player favorites, hoping done day it would come up in the rotation. It finally did, a couple of years later, while I was at work. I marked it as a favorite and heard it once again a couple months later. When I finally get an iPod, this’ll be one of the first songs I get.

This is the first of my 45s I’m throwing out. I’ve got to admit, I’m a little sad parting with this. But here it goes, in the trash with it.

No comments: