Thursday, February 26, 2009

Pompous Imperial Commander

Imperial Commander Action Figure

This action figure reminds me of the dismay I would feel as a kid when I had a couple bucks to burn in my pocket and went to the store, only to find all the action figures I really wanted weren’t in stock. Imperial Commander was never on the top of my want list, but I thought it would be neat to have him boss around stormtroopers and stuff. I don’t remember buying him. I usually made him run and hide when epic action figure battles were raging. He’d poke his head out every once in awhile to issue a condescending order, then duck back under cover.

I paid $2.99 for him. The price tag has YDC on it. I’m not sure what that meant. With this wave of figures, they dropped the description of the toys, and went with this tagline instead: Look for these exciting action playsets to recreate actual events from the movie. Action Figures & Playsets sold separately. This one has the same back and YDC price sticker as Leia (Hoth Outfit) figure.

Toys advertised on the back of the card were the Snowspeeder, Mini Rigs, Tauntaun, Turrent & Probot Playset, AT-AT and Imperial Attack Base.




No comments: